vegetable oil, for brushing
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder*
1⁄4 cup milk or non-dairy milk alternative, such as coconut or almond milk
1⁄4 cup sugar
3 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
*If using Easy Peasy Bagel, Pancake & Waffle Mix, omit baking powder.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place Perfect Portion Bagel & Donut Pan on a Sheet Pan. Lightly brush with oil; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg; whisk in milk, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; stir just until combined.
- Scrape batter into a piping bag; pipe into six pan wells. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, about 15 min.
- When cool to the touch, flip onto sheet pan and press to release donuts. Dust with icing sugar or cocoa, or top with your favourite icing.